Acquire grayscale USB Video and save as a sequence of 8-bit grayscale bitmaps

Speed

Hi,

I have a monochrome camera connected to my computer through the USB
port. I would like to capture the images from it using C++ and save
them as 8-bit grayscale Bitmaps. I am using MS Visual Studio .NET
2005.

Could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks a ton.
Speed.

Victor Bazarov

Speed said:
I have a monochrome camera connected to my computer through the USB
port. I would like to capture the images from it using C++ and save
them as 8-bit grayscale Bitmaps. I am using MS Visual Studio .NET
2005.

Could you please point me in the right direction.

melnikov.alexey

Hi,

I have a monochrome camera connected to my computer through the USB
port. I would like to capture the images from it using C++ and save
them as 8-bit grayscale Bitmaps. I am using MS Visual Studio .NET
2005.

Could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks a ton.
Speed.

You can use DirectX SDK for capture image .

mkov

Refer to vendor of your cam. They might have a SDK unless it's webcam, then
use directx.

Mike Wahler

Speed said:
Hi,

I have a monochrome camera connected to my computer through the USB
port. I would like to capture the images from it using C++ and save
them as 8-bit grayscale Bitmaps. I am using MS Visual Studio .NET
2005.

Could you please point me in the right direction.

--> www.msdn.microsoft.com

--> Your camera's documentation and
support resources.

-Mike