across subdomain authentication failed on one subdomain while workingon other one

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by saify, Sep 28, 2009.

  1. saify

    saify Guest

    Hello,

    I am having a strange problem with a ASP .Net 2.0 web application
    while trying to maintain authentication across subdomains.

    In my web.config, I have forms authentication enables using cookies in
    which I have the domain property set. When I'm going across different
    subdomains everything works perfectly fine.

    structure of my domain , subdomains is like this:-

    abc.com (That is creating authetication with authetication cookie)

    a.abc.com (That is using authetication of the domain with
    authetication cookie)

    b.abc.com (That is using authetication of the domain with
    authetication cookie)

    In one of my subdomain server i could not find the authetication
    cookie, while on the other one i find authetication cookie and the
    identity.IsAutheticatd returns true.

    I could not figure out ther eason why it is not working on one server
    and is working fine on another server at the same time. To figure out
    the problem i deployed same application with same settings on both
    servers, but response is different on both servers.

    Please can someone guide me to resolve this issue.

    saify, Sep 28, 2009