activating a hyperlink

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by niv, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. niv

    niv Guest

    thank you ken for not givving up.
    i think i dont make my self clear, what i to do is to have
    a web page that i can administrate its content and
    apperance from a database, each web page has three 'things'
    that i can control using the database, and in the data
    base each record holds these 3 'things'. a record has 3
    fields, the first one is a text field, and it holds the
    the url to the bmp/gif file that i use as a background of
    the webpage (in the <BODY> section, that is easy to
    achive :
    <BODY background='<%details(backgoung"%> > (details is
    the recordset object)
    the second field is the marquee, and this i get by:
    <MARQUEE> <%=details("marquee")%> </MARQUEE>
    here comes the problem...
    i also want that the content of the web page, the 'story'
    that i want to tell to readers will be a .htm file, that
    its url will be stored in the third field of the record
    (the same as the gif/bmp file), but i didn't manage to do
    it, if i use response.write then the background is lost,
    and the url is written.
    if i use :
    <BODY background='<%details(backgoung"%> >
    <%=details("htmfile")%>
    than, what i get on the web page is the url of the .htm
    file as written in the database field. and not its content,
    so what will be the solution for me??
    how do i have to define the record field, as a text or
    hyperlink, and how do i activate it from the code (asp)?
    thank you a lot ken for your time and dont give up on me
    niv
    niv, Sep 15, 2003

  2. niv

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    If the .htm file is stored on your local machine, you can use the File
    System Object (FSO) to open the file, read in the contents, and
    Response.Write() it as part of the body of the calling page.

    If the .htm page is on a remote server, you'll need to do what I said
    before.

    Cheers
    Ken

    "niv" <> wrote in message
[...]