    can you help me?
    thanks a lot
    niv
    niv, Sep 14, 2003

  2. niv

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Your question does not make sense. If you mean that the HTML page's contents
    are stored in the database, then you should do:

    <%=details("htmlfile")%>

    If you want the current page to be *redirected* to a different URL, then you
    can do:

    <head>
    </head>

    However, you can't display the current page (and set the background for the
    current page), and display some other page as well...

    Cheers
    Ken

    "niv" <> wrote in message
    : i have a database, one of the fields is a hyperlink to a
    : htm file.
    : i want to activate it automaticly as the asp file is loaded
    : no click is needed.so that the background of the BODY part
    : will remain and that text will be of the htm file.
    : Both the background and the htm file are one record in the
    : database, i tried:
    : <BODY backgound='<%details("background")%>' HREF=<%details
    : ("htmfile")%>'>
    : the background field is a text field, containing the gif
    : file address, and the htmfile is a hyperlink field ,
    : linked to the htm file. and i need to activate automaticly,
    : can you help me?
    : thanks a lot
    : niv
    Ken Schaefer, Sep 14, 2003

  3. niv

    niv Guest

    the code line
    <%=details("htmfile")%> in :

    >;">

    <%=details("htmlfile")%>
    written in the "htmfile" field
    how do i activate it and make it the content of the BODY
    part?
    pls help
    tanks a lot
    niv

    =details("htmlfile")%>">

    niv, Sep 14, 2003
  4. niv

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    I'm sorry, I do not understand what "include and activate" it means. If you
    mean get the content from *another*, external HTML file (which is located on
    some other webserver), and include it in your current HTML page - you can't
    do that like you are trying to do. Please go and read a HTML reference,
    since it'll make things much clearer.

    You'll need to use a server-side object to issue a HTTP request for the
    remote resource, read in the remote server's response, parse out the stuff
    you don't want, and Response.write() the rest to the body of the document.

    Cheers
    Ken

    "niv" <> wrote in message
    : the code line
    : <%=details("htmfile")%> in :
    :
    : <body style="background-color: <%=details("background")%
    : >;">
    : <%=details("htmlfile")%>
    : </body> does not activate the file which its hyperlink is
    : written in the "htmfile" field
    : how do i activate it and make it the content of the BODY
    : part?
    : pls help
    : tanks a lot
    : niv
    :
    :
    :
    : >Your question does not make sense. If you mean that the
    : HTML page's contents
    : >are stored in the database, then you should do:
    : >
    : ><body style="background-color: <%=details("background")%
    : >;">
    : > <%=details("htmlfile")%>
    : ></body>
    : >
    : >If you want the current page to be *redirected* to a
    : different URL, then you
    : >can do:
    : >
    : ><html>
    : > <head>
    : > <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=<%
    : =details("htmlfile")%>">
    : > </head>
    : ></html>
    : >
[...]