ActivationOption.Server doesent work, but libary does

Steve Drake

All,

I have a servicedcomponet that works fine if its activated as library app,
but doesn't work if its activated as a server component.

I get the following error :

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Cannot find the
assembly Project.Common, Version=6.0.1628.18135, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=0b8a1eb77127c657.

I have lets .NET register the componet and I have also tried :

regsvcs <DLL> /appdir:<PATH>

The DLL mentioned is in the correct folder.

Cheers

Steve

José Miguel Torres

make safe assembly name for your component using sn -k nameassembly.snk....

regards