active contect alerts question

scully

Hello all,
I'm building a small site using a small amount of javascriot for
simple rollover effects created with Fireworks V4.0 and loading
specific pages in framesets.

When loading the pages, Internet Explorer is showing an "active
content" alert.

I notice some sites are using Javascript for similar style rollover
effects and the active content alert is not appearing.
ie http://www.arlingtonarts.org/

Why doesnt this site trigger this type of alert?

I built the site initially using no java at all but the people I am
building it for think it is too plain and want a few effects here and
there to jazz it up a little.

Thanks in advance for any tips advice or resources.
scul

hywel.jenkins

scully said:
Hello all,
I'm building a small site using a small amount of javascriot for
simple rollover effects created with Fireworks V4.0 and loading
specific pages in framesets.

When loading the pages, Internet Explorer is showing an "active
content" alert.

I notice some sites are using Javascript for similar style rollover
effects and the active content alert is not appearing.
ie http://www.arlingtonarts.org/

Why doesnt this site trigger this type of alert?

Are you loading yours from your file system or from a web server?

scully

aha!
put it onto the server and no active content alert
wondering why now
btw thanks for the tip
scul

Paul Watt

scully said:
aha!
put it onto the server and no active content alert
wondering why now
btw thanks for the tip
scul

Just a thought, if your using Javascript for your site, make sure your site
doesnt rely on it to work as some people dont have javascript enabled in
there browsers. Roll overs can easily be replicated using CSS.