    3) servername/ip

    Is there anything else I will need ?

    Thanks,

    Chris, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Chris

    bruce barker Guest

    permission or trust to access the domain in the ad

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 14, 2006

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Please forgive me if I am speaking no-sense. I tried to browse on
    internet, dint help me much..

    Now, my NT is not in any domain. Its a stand-alone.

    I understand that the admin of the server in which AD resides, should
    give access to my NT. I dont have access to the server. So,

    1) permission/trust - is it something that the admins would do on the
    server ? Or is it a password kindof thing.

    2) If its password kind of thing, where does it fit in my code ? Say, I
    got a username and password, the code I am using right now is below.
    Where will my permission to domain fit in ?

    New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://" & ldapServerName, _
    "username", "password", AuthenticationTypes.None)

    Thanks!!

    Chris, Dec 14, 2006
  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Also, If there is a link, which explains AD right from the basic, I
    would really appreciate that..

    Chris, Dec 14, 2006