Active Directory and ASP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Sean McKaharay, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Hey All,

    This is the senerio:

    I have 2 domains lets call them "workingdomain.com" and
    "activedirectorydomain.com".

    I have an account on the "workingdomain.com" ()
    My website is sitting on my local machine so it is on the
    "workingdomain.com"
    I need to add people to the Active Directory on the
    "activedirectorydomain.com"

    When I am on my computer testing my code it works fine or when I am on the
    Active Directory Computer accessing the site on my computer it is fine. As
    soon as I try to have someone else on another box try to use my app, it
    fails. I put them as admin on my box and on the active directory box. (they
    have accounts on the "workingdomain.com"). I have seen a possible solution
    using Kerbos but my system admin doesn't like that. There needs to be a
    better way an ASP.NET app can access a second active directory on a
    different domain. Does anyone have any suggestions? If there was a book
    talking about asp using different active directory domains that would be
    great too.

    Thanks ahead of time,
    Sean

    Sean McKaharay, Sep 17, 2003