    having trouble finding information. Any help would be appreciated.
    (I'm looking primarily for links, but any code snipets would be great
    too)

    Tom Ewall, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Tom Ewall

    Byron Miller Guest

    "Tom Ewall" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We currently manage application security through database tables and
    > are considering switching to using LDAP, specifically Microsoft's
    > Active Directory.
    >
    > I'm assuming there are java API's for doing the LDAP queries, but am
    > having trouble finding information. Any help would be appreciated.
    > (I'm looking primarily for links, but any code snipets would be great
    > too)

    http://www.openldap.org/jldap/

    And

    JNDI Resources:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/

    -byron

    Byron Miller, Jul 24, 2004

  3. Tom Ewall

    Sam Guest

    (Tom Ewall) wrote in message news:<>...
    > We currently manage application security through database tables and
    > are considering switching to using LDAP, specifically Microsoft's
    > Active Directory.
    >
    > I'm assuming there are java API's for doing the LDAP queries, but am
    > having trouble finding information. Any help would be appreciated.
    > (I'm looking primarily for links, but any code snipets would be great
    > too)

    IIRC, JNDI is supposed to be a general purpose directory service api
    that can be used as an interface to other services such as LDAP.

    Regards,
    Sam90

    Sam, Jul 24, 2004
  4. Tom Ewall

    Nigel Wade Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:44:38 -0700, Tom Ewall wrote:

    > We currently manage application security through database tables and
    > are considering switching to using LDAP, specifically Microsoft's
    > Active Directory.
    >
    > I'm assuming there are java API's for doing the LDAP queries, but am
    > having trouble finding information. Any help would be appreciated.
    > (I'm looking primarily for links, but any code snipets would be great
    > too)

    I'm using the Novell libraries from
    http://developer.novell.com/ndk/ldap-index.htm

    There are links on that page for download, the docs and sample code.

    E-mail :
    Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555

    Nigel Wade, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Tom Ewall

    JQ Guest

    Tom Ewall wrote:

    > I'm assuming there are java API's for doing the LDAP queries, but am
    > having trouble finding information.

    There are, see the JNDI libraries and interfaces. You may obtain
    contexts to LDAP directories through an ldap: URL naming scheme. MSAD
    works (though has it's own intracacies as all MS products seem to).

    --
    JQ

    JQ, Aug 5, 2004