  1. I'm trying to call Active Directory and validate userid exists in active
    directory. This is on a web site. Since a web site is on a server, #1 how do
    I get the userid in vb.net on the client machine where the user is logged in?
    #2 how do I validate that userid in active directory?

    Can someone steer me in the direction of some sample code or a good link?
    --
    Chris Davoli

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Do you have Integrated Auth turned on for the site? If you have anonymous you
    can't get the user from the client.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Do you have a link to some web page that will explain this to me?
    --
    Chris Davoli

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Curt, if you have integrated auth turned on, then will the logged in user get
    passed to the server?
    --
    Chris Davoli

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Try posting your questions to :- dotnet.framework.asp.net.security forum
    Hope that helps
    Patrick
    ** Can you post how some snippet how you are trying to achieve that?**

    Patrick.O.Ige, Oct 31, 2005
  6. Chris if you are interested in Windows Auth then u need integrated auth
    turned on
    and Anonymous Acces unchecked by using User.Identity.Name you are suppoe to
    get the user logged on and do what you want with it..
    With forms Auth u need Anonymous Acces checked.
    for Validating against AD see :-
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT02.asp
    For forms and for windows i blogged it at:-
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/naijacoder/
    Hope that helps
    Patrick

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Oct 31, 2005