Active Directory LOGON in aspnet.net HELP?

Nigil LaVey

greetings all,

I would like to know if I have already logon to my active directory domain
and
will I still get the NTLM Prompt when accessing an aspx page with Anonymous
Access unchecked and Integrated Windows authentication checked?

please advise,
lavey

Ken Schaefer

Hi,

This KB article answers your question:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258063

Cheers
Ken

: greetings all,
:
: I would like to know if I have already logon to my active directory domain
: and
: will I still get the NTLM Prompt when accessing an aspx page with
Anonymous
: Access unchecked and Integrated Windows authentication checked?
:
: please advise,
: lavey
:
:
:

Nigil LaVey

thanks ken,

another issue to discuss is the logging out... I know it can be achieved by closing the browser or
using the ActiveX control to clear the logon credential?

I am trying to create a logout link.. any other ideas?

regards.
Nigil Chua

Nigil LaVey

hi Ken.

thanks again for the info.... any work around for netscape?
apparently the document.execCommand("ClearAuthenticationCache", false) only
applicable to IE 6 SP1 and above.

please advise,
nigil chua

Ken Schaefer

I am not aware of Moz offering similar functionality...

Cheers
Ken

: hi Ken.
:
: thanks again for the info.... any work around for netscape?
: apparently the document.execCommand("ClearAuthenticationCache", false)
only
: applicable to IE 6 SP1 and above.
:
: please advise,
: nigil chua
:
:
: : > Hi,
: >
: > See this post on my blog:
: > http://www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/archive/2005/04/12/14.aspx
: >
: > Cheers
: > Ken
: >
: >
: >
: > : > thanks ken,
: >
: > another issue to discuss is the logging out... I know it can be achieved
: > by
: > closing the browser or
: > using the ActiveX control to clear the logon credential?
: >
: > I am trying to create a logout link.. any other ideas?
: >
: >
: > regards.
: > Nigil Chua
: >
: > : >> Hi,
: >>
: >> This KB article answers your question:
: >> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258063
: >>
: >> Cheers
: >> Ken