Active Directory Membership Provider Change Password

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by itspiyush@gmail.com, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    We are setting up Authentication and authorization of users in Active
    Directory using ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in Asp.net 2.0.
    Login and Creating users in the system is working fine.
    But while changing password using Membership it is giving error as the
    "New password does not comply with the policy of the Active Directory"
    though I am entering the password which satisfies all the policies of
    Active Directory.
    , Mar 14, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Joe Kaplan Guest

    Try doing the password change operation with a simple ADSI script that calls
    ChangePassword. If that works but the provider doesn't, then there is some
    kind of a problem in the provider. Otherwise, you really aren't following
    the policy. Sometimes people miss some details on the password policy such
    as password history requirements and minimum password age.

    Joe K.

    --
    Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
    Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"
    http://www.directoryprogramming.net
    --
    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We are setting up Authentication and authorization of users in Active
    > Directory using ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in Asp.net 2.0.
    > Login and Creating users in the system is working fine.
    > But while changing password using Membership it is giving error as the
    > "New password does not comply with the policy of the Active Directory"
    > though I am entering the password which satisfies all the policies of
    > Active Directory.
    >
    Joe Kaplan, Mar 14, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. itsPiyush Guest

    On Mar 14, 12:21 pm, "Joe Kaplan"
    <> wrote:
    > Try doing the password change operation with a simple ADSI script that calls
    > ChangePassword. If that works but the provider doesn't, then there is some
    > kind of a problem in the provider. Otherwise, you really aren't following
    > the policy. Sometimes people miss some details on the password policy such
    > as password history requirements and minimum password age.
    >
    > Joe K.
    >
    > --
    > Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
    > Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"http://www.directoryprogramming.net
    > --<> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...
    >
    >
    >
    > > We are setting up Authentication and authorization of users in Active
    > > Directory using ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in Asp.net 2.0.
    > > Login and Creating users in the system is working fine.
    > > But while changing password using Membership it is giving error as the
    > > "New password does not comply with the policy of the Active Directory"
    > > though I am entering the password which satisfies all the policies of
    > > Active Directory.- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    I have change the policy in which I have set all the options it to not
    defined. After doing that I am not getting the previous error of
    policy instead it is not changing the password.
    itsPiyush, Mar 15, 2007
    #3
  4. Joe Kaplan Guest

    What does this mean? Are you saying that you get no error but the password
    doesn't change?

    Joe K.

    --
    Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
    Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"
    http://www.directoryprogramming.net
    --
    >
    > I have change the policy in which I have set all the options it to not
    > defined. After doing that I am not getting the previous error of
    > policy instead it is not changing the password.
    >
    Joe Kaplan, Mar 15, 2007
    #4
  5. itsPiyush Guest

    On Mar 15, 11:23 am, "Joe Kaplan"
    <> wrote:
    > What does this mean? Are you saying that you get no error but the password
    > doesn't change?
    >
    > Joe K.
    >
    > --
    > Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
    > Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"http://www.directoryprogramming.net
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > I have change the policy in which I have set all the options it to not
    > > defined. After doing that I am not getting the previous error of
    > > policy instead it is not changing the password.- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    yes
    itsPiyush, Mar 15, 2007
    #5
  6. Joe Kaplan Guest

    Sorry, but I have no idea on this one. I'd suggest going directly to MS
    support and filing a bug to see if they can help you.

    Joe K.

    --
    Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
    Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"
    http://www.directoryprogramming.net
    Joe Kaplan, Mar 16, 2007
    #6
  7. itsPiyush Guest

    On Mar 16, 11:09 am, "Joe Kaplan"
    <> wrote:
    > Sorry, but I have no idea on this one. I'd suggest going directly to MS
    > support and filing a bug to see if they can help you.
    >
    > Joe K.
    >
    > --
    > Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
    > Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"http://www.directoryprogramming.net


    ok thanks
    itsPiyush, Mar 16, 2007
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?bGFuZW0=?=
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    731
    =?Utf-8?B?bGFuZW0=?=
    Oct 21, 2005
  2. moi
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    603
  3. sloan
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,507
    sloan
    Jun 4, 2006
  4. AAaron123
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,335
    Oriane
    Jan 16, 2009
  5. SpaceMarine

    newbie help - Active Directory Membership Provider

    SpaceMarine, May 20, 2008, in forum: ASP .Net Security
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    363
    SpaceMarine
    May 21, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page