Active Directory on another domain

Christian Jacob

Hi there,

I've got the following problem:
We've got a productive Active Directory on a domain
controller in our company. My project will have to handle
data from that AD. So that there cannot happen anything
bad to the productive one, we set up a new Windows 2003
server with an own DC and AD. Suppose, the companies
domain is mycompany.com. The server can be addressed
internally as myserver.mycompany.com, but its DC is set
up to mydomain.com. This DCs domain is not accessible
from anywhere but the server itself.

Now I want to setup a project using ASP.NET with VB.NET
on my local workstation in VS.NET 2003. How do I get
access to myservers' AD now?

I tried something like this:

Dim de As DirectoryEntry
de = New DirectoryEntry
("LDAP://myserver", "Administrator", "password")

TextBox1.Text = de.Properties("Servername")(0)

But this didnt work at all. What am I doing wrong?
The output says something like this:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Server is
not working

I am looking forward to your answers,
regards,
Chris.

shiv

hi cris,

having trust between two domains is must for accessing the
AD. ask your network Administrator to set up the trust
between the two

regards