Active Directory on another domain

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Christian Jacob, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. Hi there,

    I've got the following problem:
    We've got a productive Active Directory on a domain
    controller in our company. My project will have to handle
    data from that AD. So that there cannot happen anything
    bad to the productive one, we set up a new Windows 2003
    server with an own DC and AD. Suppose, the companies
    domain is mycompany.com. The server can be addressed
    internally as myserver.mycompany.com, but its DC is set
    up to mydomain.com. This DCs domain is not accessible
    from anywhere but the server itself.

    Now I want to setup a project using ASP.NET with VB.NET
    on my local workstation in VS.NET 2003. How do I get
    access to myservers' AD now?

    I tried something like this:

    Dim de As DirectoryEntry
    de = New DirectoryEntry
    ("LDAP://myserver", "Administrator", "password")

    TextBox1.Text = de.Properties("Servername")(0)

    But this didnt work at all. What am I doing wrong?
    The output says something like this:
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Server is
    not working

    I am looking forward to your answers,
    regards,
    Chris.
    Christian Jacob, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Christian Jacob

    shiv Guest

    hi cris,

    having trust between two domains is must for accessing the
    AD. ask your network Administrator to set up the trust
    between the two

    regards

    shiv, Oct 17, 2003