Active directory windows authentication ..

newmem

Hi

We have web app running successfully on a windows 2000 server. Certain Admin pages have the authentication turned on and contains an admin web.config file which lists the user/groups in the domain which should be allowed to access the page. In IIS, the website and the folder have the Integrated Windows Authentication turned on. Everything works fine - when a user browses to the Admin section, he gets a login prompt , with the correct user login, the admin pages are displayed with no http errors.

Now, we have excactly the same website setup on another Win2003 server box. This machine is part of different domain and shud host the new site similar to described above. In this case, the users are defined in the Active Directory. Rest all the IIS settings for the website are as explained above. But on this 2003 server, when the user logs in to the admin pages as domainname\username, the login prompt is displayed again and again and at the 3rd attempt error 401.2 is displayed.

Error Message 401.2 : You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. Contact the web server's administrator for help.

Can somebody shed some light on this issue? Am I missing any settings in IIS? any ideas/solutions are appreciated.

Thanks