    controll is Windows 2000, and the asp.net application is on a windows 2003
    server.

    Thanks.
    Jibbly Bee, Jul 28, 2005

  2. If your domain name is yourcompany.local, you'd do:

    LDAP://DC=yourcompany,dc=local

    If your domain name is yourcompany.com and you want to connect to a DC named
    dc1, you'd do

    LDAP://DC=dc1,DC=yourcompany,DC=local

    Ray at work

    "Jibbly Bee" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to use the microsoft article on using forms and Active

    Directory

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jul 28, 2005

  3. Jibbly Bee

    Jibbly Bee Guest

    Thanks,

    I'll give that a try.

    message news:...

    Jibbly Bee, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Jibbly Bee

    Paul Clement Guest

    ¤
    ¤ String adPath = "LDAP://DC=..,DC=.."; //Path to you LDAP directory server
    ¤
    ¤ should this be adPath="LDAP://DC=ServerIP,DC=ServerIP"; ????
    ¤
    ¤ This in on a normal network with one domain and controller, the domain
    ¤ controll is Windows 2000, and the asp.net application is on a windows 2003
    ¤ server.

    Check the default naming context:

    Dim RootDSE As New DirectoryServices.DirectoryEnt­ry("LDAP://RootDSE")
    Dim DomainDistinguishedName As String = RootDSE.Properties("DefaultNamingContext").Value

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Paul Clement, Jul 29, 2005