Active Directory

Jibbly Bee

I am trying to use the microsoft article on using forms and Active Directory
for authentication, but I cannot work out what the LDAP is supposed to be,
in the example it has:

String adPath = "LDAP://DC=..,DC=.."; //Path to you LDAP directory server

should this be adPath="LDAP://DC=ServerIP,DC=ServerIP"; ????

This in on a normal network with one domain and controller, the domain
controll is Windows 2000, and the asp.net application is on a windows 2003
server.

Thanks.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

If your domain name is yourcompany.local, you'd do:

LDAP://DC=yourcompany,dc=local

If your domain name is yourcompany.com and you want to connect to a DC named
dc1, you'd do

LDAP://DC=dc1,DC=yourcompany,DC=local

Ray at work

Jibbly Bee

Thanks,

I'll give that a try.

Ray Costanzo said:
If your domain name is yourcompany.local, you'd do:

LDAP://DC=yourcompany,dc=local

If your domain name is yourcompany.com and you want to connect to a DC
named
dc1, you'd do

LDAP://DC=dc1,DC=yourcompany,DC=local

Ray at work

Paul Clement

¤
¤ String adPath = "LDAP://DC=..,DC=.."; //Path to you LDAP directory server
¤
¤ should this be adPath="LDAP://DC=ServerIP,DC=ServerIP"; ????
¤
¤ This in on a normal network with one domain and controller, the domain
¤ controll is Windows 2000, and the asp.net application is on a windows 2003
¤ server.

Check the default naming context:

Dim RootDSE As New DirectoryServices.DirectoryEnt­ry("LDAP://RootDSE")
Dim DomainDistinguishedName As String = RootDSE.Properties("DefaultNamingContext").Value

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)