    about this.

    TIA,
    George

    George, Aug 1, 2005

  2. George

    Mothra Guest

    Mothra, Aug 1, 2005

  3. George

    Bob Walton Guest

    George wrote:
    > Running XP SP2. I installed ActivePerl 5.8.7.813 (MSWin32) last week.
    > Now, when I try to run certain other apps (nbtstat, acrobat), I get an
    > error message:
    >
    > "The procedure entry point [whatever] could not be located
    > in the dll ADVAPI32.dll"
    >
    > I don't get any hits when I google for this. So, it could be

    I don't know what you were smoking when you did your Google
    search. I got 74100 hits by copy/pasting the above filename;
    among the first four was one which explains it in detail, and
    another providing a copy of it for free.

    > something else, but I thought I should ask if anyone has any clues
    > about this.

    Here's a clue: It has nothing to do with Perl. I have that very
    same version of Perl running under the very same OS, and have had
    zero problems.

    --
    Bob Walton

    Bob Walton, Aug 1, 2005