Active Perl: XP dll corrupted?

George

Running XP SP2. I installed ActivePerl 5.8.7.813 (MSWin32) last week.
Now, when I try to run certain other apps (nbtstat, acrobat), I get an
error message:

"The procedure entry point [whatever] could not be located
in the dll ADVAPI32.dll"

I don't get any hits when I google for this. So, it could be
something else, but I thought I should ask if anyone has any clues
about this.

TIA,
George

Bob Walton

George said:
Running XP SP2. I installed ActivePerl 5.8.7.813 (MSWin32) last week.
Now, when I try to run certain other apps (nbtstat, acrobat), I get an
error message:

"The procedure entry point [whatever] could not be located
in the dll ADVAPI32.dll"

I don't get any hits when I google for this. So, it could be

I don't know what you were smoking when you did your Google
search. I got 74100 hits by copy/pasting the above filename;
among the first four was one which explains it in detail, and
another providing a copy of it for free.
something else, but I thought I should ask if anyone has any clues
about this.

Here's a clue: It has nothing to do with Perl. I have that very
same version of Perl running under the very same OS, and have had
zero problems.