Active Users

Ven

I need to display information a list of Active users on a web site.

I can do the count using the global.asa but need to display individual
information about each "active user" without writing it all to a
database and then pulling it out again.

Info I need :

IP Address - Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_HOST")
The page they are on - Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")
the page they were on - Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

Can I write this stuff into sessions and call them all out?

Thanks

ven

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Ven said:
I need to display information a list of Active users on a web site.

I can do the count using the global.asa but need to display individual
information about each "active user" without writing it all to a
database and then pulling it out again.

Info I need :

IP Address - Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_HOST")
The page they are on - Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")
the page they were on - Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

Can I write this stuff into sessions and call them all out?
No. You will need to store them in a database, file or Application variable.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2491
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2095