ActiveDirectory for Role Management?

RustyHill

I have an ASP.NET 3.5 site with Active Directory running on Server 2008.

Currenty I am using the SqlMembershipProvider but I would like to change to
ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, this seems simple enough. However, I
also want enable the role manager and have it use roles that are set up in
ActiveDirectory. Can this be done and is there any clear documentation or
samples you can point me to that might be able to help me?

Joe Kaplan

Unfortunately MS doesn't ship an AD role provider that uses AD groups. My
buddy Ryan started one at codeplex a while ago. http://codeplex.com/adrp.
Not sure if it will work for you or not, but worth a shot.