ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider do not work ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by zxc, Nov 7, 2005.

  1. zxc

    zxc Guest

    Hello,

    I cannot start using Forms Authentication with Active Directory. On call of:

    Membership.ValidateUser(StdFormItemLogin.Text, StdFormItemPassword.Text)

    I get a ConfigurationErrorsException:

    Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (C:\...\web.config
    line 33)

    My web.config is (fragment):

    28: <membership defaultProvider="ps">
    29: <providers>
    30: <add name="ps"
    31: connectionStringName="psCS"
    32: attributeMapUsername="samAccountName"
    33: type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider"
    34: />
    35: </providers>
    36: </membership>

    LDAP connection string looks OK ...

    I've try many combinations but cannot get more detailed error info. It looks
    that ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider is not created for some reason but
    why ... ?

    Any ideas are welcome.
    zxc

    zxc, Nov 7, 2005