    wrong username or password in the connection string the login control
    tells me this, and doesn't throw the other exception. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance
    Gonza, Jul 24, 2006

  2. Very dificuklt to diagnose without some code. "Object reference not set to
    an instance of an object" often means that the object has been declared but
    not yet instantiated.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=, Jul 24, 2006

  3. Gonza

    Gonza Guest

    There's no code! everything has been configured on the web.config, the
    only "code" i have is the webform with the login control. I can send my
    web.config, maybe it helps:

    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ADConnectionString"
    connectionString="LDAP://aconcagua/CN=Users,DC=smart,DC=com,DC=ar"/>
    </connectionStrings>
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
    </authorization>
    <membership defaultProvider="MyADMembershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="MyADMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider"
    connectionProtection="None" connectionUsername="membershipprovideruser"
    connectionPassword="1234" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    clickon ha escrito:

    Gonza, Jul 24, 2006
  4. Hello Gonza,
    I am also getting the same error. Could you pls let me know the solution if
    this error is solved.
    --
    Vaishnavi

    =?Utf-8?B?VmFpc2huYXZpIEtS?=, Nov 22, 2006
  5. I got this issue resolved.

    Thanks
    --
    Vaishnavi

    =?Utf-8?B?VmFpc2huYXZpIEtS?=, Nov 22, 2006
  6. How did u resolve it pls post by helping others
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 22, 2006