ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider - User properties not set

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by mbutenko@gmail.com, Sep 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in an ASP.NET 2.0
    application. I finally got the AD authentication piece working, but
    when the user logs in (I am using the the Login control) the User
    properties are not getting set. For example, in the LoggedIn event,
    the User.Identity.Name = "" and User.IsAuthenticated is False.

    I know that it is actually checking the AD because if I enter invalid
    credentials, it tells me I had an invalid login and never hits the
    LoggedIn event. However, when I do supply valid credentials the User
    properties are not set.

    As a side (and I think unrelated) note, the user I am using to connect
    to AD only has read rights on the AD.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Marc
    mbutenkoATmt.gov

    , Sep 1, 2006

  2. These values get populated on the next roundtrip. In the LoggedOn event you
    have to use the Username property of the login control.

    ---
    Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier, Sep 1, 2006

    OK. After posting, I figured out that I could do that.

    Thanks anyway...

    Marc

    Dominick Baier wrote:
    > These values get populated on the next roundtrip. In the LoggedOn event you
    > have to use the Username property of the login control.
    >
    > ---
    > Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
    > http://www.leastprivilege.com
    >
    > > I am using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in an ASP.NET 2.0
    > > application. I finally got the AD authentication piece working, but
    > > when the user logs in (I am using the the Login control) the User
    > > properties are not getting set. For example, in the LoggedIn event,
    > > the User.Identity.Name = "" and User.IsAuthenticated is False.
    > >
    > > I know that it is actually checking the AD because if I enter invalid
    > > credentials, it tells me I had an invalid login and never hits the
    > > LoggedIn event. However, when I do supply valid credentials the User
    > > properties are not set.
    > >
    > > As a side (and I think unrelated) note, the user I am using to connect
    > > to AD only has read rights on the AD.
    > >
    > > Anyone have any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Marc