ActivePython - how to configure portable framework?

Discussion in 'Python' started by balzer, May 7, 2010.

  1. balzer

    balzer Guest

    I downloaded ActivePython-2.6.5.12-win32-x86.zip, it contains two folders
    and 3 files:

    SystemFolder
    INSTALLDIR
    sh2.py
    install.bat
    _install.py

    Anyone know how to configure this Python environment as "portable
    application" to work with it without installation, to set a fully-functional
    Python environment that executes entirely from hard drive (or USB stick)
    without leaving no registry entries, no mess with windows system files, etc
    on machine it's run on.

    I created folder "Python", what files I should copy inside?

    thanks.

    balzer, May 7, 2010

  2. balzer

    Sridhar Guest

    Copy all the files in the ZIP to your USB stick and run
    INSTALLDIR\python.exe

    -srid

    Sridhar, May 8, 2010