    that is missing. Suggestions?

    Thanks
    tom semple

    Fred, Nov 17, 2003

  2. > After installing (completes without error) I cannot start the PythonWin IDE;
    > get an error: "The application can not locate win32ui.pyd for Python (1157).

    Hi; did you reboot after installing? I suspect on Win9x the path will
    only include python after you've run the altered autoexec.bat

    HTH

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernard_Delm=E9e?=, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Fred

    Tom Semple Guest

    I did reboot; the Python23 root directory is in the path (though of course
    this is not where the .pyd file is). I've checked a number of the registry
    paths for various things and they seem good as well. So I still suspect the
    problem is a missing DLL or PythonWin needs a newer version of a DLL it
    expects to be already on the system. But the error message does not help me
    much.

    Tom

    Tom Semple, Nov 18, 2003