[ActivePython] Upgrading fails

Gilles

Hello,

I already posted in their forum, but got no reply and figured some
people here might have experienced this too.

I'm currently running ActivePython 2.5.1.1 on my XP Pro host.

After downloading and running the installer to 2.7.2.5, I get the
following error message:

"Windows Installer: The Windows Installer Service could not be
accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly
installed."

Has someone seen this, and knows what to do?

Thank you.

Terry Reedy

Hello,

I already posted in their forum, but got no reply and figured some
people here might have experienced this too.

I'm currently running ActivePython 2.5.1.1 on my XP Pro host.

After downloading and running the installer to 2.7.2.5, I get the
following error message:

"Windows Installer: The Windows Installer Service could not be
accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly
installed."

Has someone seen this, and knows what to do?

No and no. I would search "Windows Installer Service could not be
accessed" (I just did and there are lots of relevant hits.)
Try the same for any Windows error message.