    Where to look?

    Thanks,

    Jerry

    Jerry Preston, Nov 9, 2004

  2. OK! I have tried to "ppm search dbi" and I cannot get the firewall. Where
    can I find it to ftp/copy?

    Jerry

    "Jerry Preston" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to add the ppm DBI for ActiveState Perl v5.6.1 for
    > sun-polaris-thread-multi server. I need to be able to access ORACLE data
    > base, but I can only find DBI for 5.8. When I do ppm install DBI it get

    the

    Jerry Preston, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Jerry Preston

    Sisyphus Guest

    Jerry Preston wrote:
    > OK! I have tried to "ppm search dbi" and I cannot get the firewall. Where
    > can I find it to ftp/copy?

    If you open your perl/html/index.html file in a browser, click on the
    link to the 'PerlPackageManager', then click on the link to 'PPM,
    Proxies and Firewalls' you'll find out how to get around the 'firewall'
    issue.

    Otherwise, the files can be downloaded from somewhere on the AS website
    - but I no longer have a link.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Rob,

    I have tried the proxy trick and it still does not work.

    Thanks,

    Jerry

    Jerry Preston, Nov 9, 2004