ActiveState Python v2.5 doesn't come with Tkinter or Tk installed.

Dudeja, Rajat

Hi,

So, now I've finally started using Eclipse and PyDev as an IDE for my
GUI Application. I just wrote some sample programs as an hands on.

Now I would like to take up Tkinter. I'm using Active State Python
version 2.5 and found that there is not Tkinter and Tk module in it.

To use Tkinter do I actually require Tk installed on my machine? Please
suggest and where can I find both these modules?

Also, please direct me to a good and short document on using Tkinter or
Tk in Python.

Cheers,
Rajat

Notice: This e-mail is intended solely for use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, company confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader is not the intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If this communication has been transmitted from a U.S.. location it may also contain data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or U.S. Export Administration Regulations and cannot be disseminated, distributed or copied to foreign nationals, residing in the U.S. or abroad, without the prior approval of the U.S. Department of State or appropriate export licensing authority. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail or collect telephone call and delete or destroy all copies of this e-mail message, any physical copies made of this e-mail message and/or any file attachment(s).