    web.

    One tip I found was date time related:
    http://rubyquicktips.tumblr.com/post/472808699/string-conversions-using-activesupport

    R.. Kumar, Jun 7, 2010

  2. R.. Kumar

    Xavier Noria Guest

    On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 9:04 AM, R.. Kumar <> wrote:

    > I was googling for some kind of tutorial or getting started for
    > ActiveSupport.
    >
    > Other than going through the extensive rubydoc is there any post/blog
    > that lists some of the salient or most useful/ most popular features for
    > a new comer.
    >
    > What are your favorite or most used classes/features ?
    >
    > I am essentially developing stand-alone apps on the command line - not
    > web.

    A new guide covering the core extensions is about to be out with Rails
    3, the edge version is online

    http://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/active_support_core_extensions.html

    It is a reference rather than a tutorial, but you have there
    everything in one place. Also I've tried hard to provide non-toy
    examples (some extracted from Rails, its main client), and explore
    edge cases and stuff that is not normally covered in existing
    material.

    Xavier Noria, Aug 19, 2010