ActiveSupport getting started / tips / sharings for newcomer

R.. Kumar

I was googling for some kind of tutorial or getting started for
ActiveSupport.

Other than going through the extensive rubydoc is there any post/blog
that lists some of the salient or most useful/ most popular features for
a new comer.

What are your favorite or most used classes/features ?

I am essentially developing stand-alone apps on the command line - not
web.

One tip I found was date time related:
http://rubyquicktips.tumblr.com/post/472808699/string-conversions-using-activesupport

Xavier Noria

I was googling for some kind of tutorial or getting started for
ActiveSupport.

Other than going through the extensive rubydoc is there any post/blog
that lists some of the salient or most useful/ most popular features for
a new comer.

What are your favorite or most used classes/features ?

I am essentially developing stand-alone apps on the command line - not
web.

A new guide covering the core extensions is about to be out with Rails
3, the edge version is online

http://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/active_support_core_extensions.html

It is a reference rather than a tutorial, but you have there
everything in one place. Also I've tried hard to provide non-toy
examples (some extracted from Rails, its main client), and explore
edge cases and stuff that is not normally covered in existing
material.