Activex and catch insufficient permision to run it

Adam Kozlowski

Hello,
There is two lines from my script:

<script language="javascript1.2">
fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
ws = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Network");
</script>

Everything working fine, but sometimes some admin change default IE options
and during loading the page on screen i can see something like that "Can I
run the activex and bla bla bla".
This message for my user equal error and I get many phones :(
Can I catch insufficient permision, or that message and hide it?

Thx for your help
Adam
ps. sorry for my english

Fabian

Adam Kozlowski hu kiteb:
Hello,
There is two lines from my script:

<script language="javascript1.2">
fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
ws = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Network");
</script>

Everything working fine, but sometimes some admin change default IE
options and during loading the page on screen i can see something
like that "Can I run the activex and bla bla bla".
This message for my user equal error and I get many phones :(
Can I catch insufficient permision, or that message and hide it?

You can't block that message. It is a feature of the security system.
Your best bet is to have a notice on the previous page stating that
certain security settings must be set for the page to work properly.

Martin Honnen

Adam said:
Hello,
There is two lines from my script:

<script language="javascript1.2">
fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
ws = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Network");
</script>

Everything working fine, but sometimes some admin change default IE options
and during loading the page on screen i can see something like that "Can I
run the activex and bla bla bla".
This message for my user equal error and I get many phones :(
Can I catch insufficient permision, or that message and hide it?

Use
<script type="text/jscript">
var fso;
try {
fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
catch (e) {
// you can handle the error here for instance read out
// e.description
}
</script>

But don't expect any IE user visiting pages from a HTTP server to have
IE configured to allow creation of Scripting.FileSystemObject

Adam Kozlowski

Use
<script type="text/jscript">
var fso;
try {

--
I know this, but this is intranet site and ie options are get from domain
serwer.

Adam