"activex component can t create object" error with .net dll in vb6

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?cGF0cmlja2RyZA==?=, Sep 18, 2007.

  1. Hi everyone!

    I've writen a small .net class library to communicate with my web service to
    fetch some data from the database, etc,
    I have selected "register for com interop" option, I added the reference to
    the vb6 project and everything works fine,

    but, when I deploy my whole project in another pc, I get "activex component
    can t create object" error!

    I use a custom setup (using Inno setup) and register the type library file
    (tlb),
    which is copied to the vb6 exe's directory,

    I searched the registry and found the same registration entries in both pcs,
    so, what's wrong?

    What should be done in order to deploy such a project successfully?

    I'm totally lost, so please help me out!

    Thanks in advance!
    =?Utf-8?B?cGF0cmlja2RyZA==?=, Sep 18, 2007

  2. Is that the browser who produces the error?

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 18, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cGF0cmlja2RyZA==?=

    Aidy Guest

    Silly question, but is the dll on the machine and registered (regasm)?

    Aidy, Sep 18, 2007