ActiveX component can't create object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QWJoaXNoZWs=?=, Aug 21, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I am creating a Web application using VS.NET2005. I have to use here a COM
    dll which resides on the client side.

    MyObj = CreateObject("ExportImportExcel.ImportExport")

    This COM Dll exposes some methods on the client end.. Now the problem is
    when I am creating an object of my COM Class it is producing an error to me
    “ActiveX Component Can’t Create Objectâ€. Although I have tested it on
    VS.NET2003 and ASP. It is working perfectly fine on both the versions. But
    this is not working on VS.NET2005..

    One more thing I have noticed here when I am creating an object of
    Microsoft.XMLHttp or ADODB.Connection.. It is working perfectly fine..

    I am running this application on ASP.NET development server, however on IIS
    I am getting the same…

    Any suggestion in terms of that must be appreciable…

    Thanks,
    Abhishek

    =?Utf-8?B?QWJoaXNoZWs=?=, Aug 21, 2006