    and how they implement the controls into your browser. How do we get around
    it ?
    Thank you very much.

    fniles, Jan 19, 2007

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/ieupdate/
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/activating_activex.asp

    --
    With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

    necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
    land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
    overhead. -- RFC 1925

    Igor Tandetnik, Jan 19, 2007

  3. fniles

    asdf Guest

    It could turn out a blessing.

    Not that Igor would not know hwo to write a nice atl component,
    but arriving at a page I (that is other than from pigs) like to be suprised
    intuitively
    on what to do or what would happen, without being pushed into deactivating
    all but
    plain html rendering.

    http://capitalhead.com/articles/click-to-activate-and-use-this-control---kb912812.aspx,
    > it mentions that the workaround ultimately rests with the website

    designers

    asdf, Jan 21, 2007