    dataset to be displayed on DataGrid.

    This works fine a on Windows Application.

    Thanks in Advance.

    CSharpNewBie, Sep 28, 2005

  2. CSharpNewBie

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "CSharpNewBie" <> wrote in news:#59TnfFxFHA.2792
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a ActiveX control (TcpSocket Client) which has 3 Events
    > OnConnect/OnDisconnect and OnEvent.

    FYI, .NET also has a socket client... so if you need only TCP socket
    access, it might be better to use the native .NET classes.

    > my question is
    > how do I embed this non-visual control on a aspx webpage and create a
    > OnEvent Handler which receives data from a Tcp Server and add that to
    > dataset to be displayed on DataGrid.

    You'll need to register the ActiveX object on the server. Add a reference
    to the ActiveX object to your ASP.NET project. From there, you'll need to
    declare an instance of the ActiveX object... and after that you should be
    able to access the event handlers.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Newmarket Volvo Sucks! http://newmarketvolvo.tripod.com