ActiveX Control works fine in VB but not in ASP

Miguel Guerreiro

I have an ActiveX Control that I am trying to make work from an ASP
page, but so far all I got is great frustation! My Control is well
registered (and working fine from a VB stand-alone program I made in
the same computer)

Every time I load the ASP page I get a "Object does not support this
property or method : SigBox1.IsOn".

Initially, I thought that the error was caused because my Control was
not registered well, so I made a VB program and confirmed that I can
use the control in VB just fine (all methods & properties work).
However, in ASP I only get the control to load with initial settings
in the <OBJECT> tag (see ASP code below). After that i try to access
the control's methods and properties and there is not a single one
that works...all give me the error message described above.

Is there an intermediate step that I am missing after the <OBJECT>
declaration and before the call to its Methods and Properties?????

Here is the ASP code:
<P>TESTING ACTIVEX CONTROLS </P>

<OBJECT id=SigBox1 style="LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 289px; TOP: 0px; HEIGHT:
75px" height=75 width=289
classid="clsid:286C842C-CDA4-40A9-BB9B-DE0F16048561">
<PARAM NAME="_Version" VALUE="327685">
<PARAM NAME="_ExtentX" VALUE="7646">
<PARAM NAME="_ExtentY" VALUE="1984">
<PARAM NAME="_StockProps" VALUE="233">
<PARAM NAME="ForeColor" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="BackColor" VALUE="16777215">
<PARAM NAME="BorderStyle" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="Enabled" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="Appearance" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="TitleText" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="PromptText" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="LightMode" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="LineStyle" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="LineWidth" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="OutScale" VALUE="100">
<PARAM NAME="ScalingMode" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="SigLine" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="Transparent" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="UpdatePadScreen" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="ConnectToPad" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="DefaultDevice" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="ShrinkWrap" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="BaudRate" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="BitmapStyle" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="RecordMode" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="AutoInking" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="TextFont" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="Sound" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="MagCardTimeout" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="MagCardEnabled" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="MagCardTrack1" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="MagCardTrack2" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="MagCardTrack3" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="CaptureSignature" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="ButtonSound" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="OutHorzSize" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="OutVertSize" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="OutHorzDPI" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="OutVertDPI" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="Smoothing" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="ConnectionChecking" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="ConnectionRetries" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="LcdScreenSaverTimeout" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="Ports" VALUE="4">
<PARAM NAME="Port" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="DebugMode" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="ConnectionTimeout" VALUE="15">
<PARAM NAME="PenIdleTime" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="SyncOutTimeout" VALUE="5">
<PARAM NAME="SyncInTimeout" VALUE="5">
<PARAM NAME="ThreadPriority" VALUE="4">
<PARAM NAME="DebugFileName" VALUE="SigBox1.TXT">
</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
if SigBox1.IsOn then <<<<<<<<<----- ***** Problem line ******
msgbox("The Signature Pad is ON !!!")