ActiveX Control Wrapper with Code Behind Parameters

bcox

I would like to be able to set parameter values for an
ActiveX control hosted on an ASP.NET .aspx page from a
C# code behind file. The ActiveX registration code is
contained in <OBJECT></OBJECT> tags hosted in the .aspx
file.

The control in question is a file viewer. I need to be
able to set the filename <PARAM NAME="Filename"
VALUE="filename.ext"> reference under the
<OBJECT></OBJECT> tags dynamically.

Questions:

1. What is the best way to accomplish this?
2. Can this be done without using javascript entirely in
C# codebehind? If so, what is the syntax?
3. I would like to use a user control to wrap the ActiveX
control, can you pass a parameter to an .ascx user
control for this purpose?
4. If none of this works, should I use Response.Write to
generate the entire HTML content or some other method to
return the actual html as
a part of the aspx page.
5. Can you suggest a code refernce showing an example of
how to accomplish this?

I've tried numerous approaches and I can't seem to get
anything working. The user control wrapper approach with
a passed parameter would
be best I think.

Thanks...