ActiveX Control Wrapper with Code Behind Parameters

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by bcox, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. bcox

    bcox Guest

    I would like to be able to set parameter values for an
    ActiveX control hosted on an ASP.NET .aspx page from a
    C# code behind file. The ActiveX registration code is
    contained in <OBJECT></OBJECT> tags hosted in the .aspx
    file.

    The control in question is a file viewer. I need to be
    able to set the filename <PARAM NAME="Filename"
    VALUE="filename.ext"> reference under the
    <OBJECT></OBJECT> tags dynamically.

    Questions:

    1. What is the best way to accomplish this?
    2. Can this be done without using javascript entirely in
    C# codebehind? If so, what is the syntax?
    3. I would like to use a user control to wrap the ActiveX
    control, can you pass a parameter to an .ascx user
    control for this purpose?
    4. If none of this works, should I use Response.Write to
    generate the entire HTML content or some other method to
    return the actual html as
    a part of the aspx page.
    5. Can you suggest a code refernce showing an example of
    how to accomplish this?

    I've tried numerous approaches and I can't seem to get
    anything working. The user control wrapper approach with
    a passed parameter would
    be best I think.

    Thanks...
    bcox, Jul 24, 2003