ActiveX dll not responding when used in WEBFORM

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by VS, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. VS

    VS Guest

    Hi there,

    I am trying to use an ActiveX dll on my webform with no luck.
    I added the reference and everything seems to work fine since I m able to
    look at the Methods of the library.
    The problem arises when I call a method which is supposed to return an
    integer. I get no error but the browser seems to post the data forever!

    When I tried to use the same object using CreateObject in VBScript
    everything works correctly!

    I also ran the same code in a VB.NET form windows application and it is
    working perfectly.

    So, I was wondering what can go wrong in the Web Form case? There may be a
    problem with servers permissions, I do not know...
    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance
    --
    Vangelis

    VS, Jul 21, 2003

  2. VS

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    In order to use ActiveX dll's on asp.net you will need to add the
    "aspcompat=true" attribute to the page directive.

    Alvin Bruney, Jul 21, 2003