ActiveX dll not responding when used in WEBFORM

VS

Hi there,

I am trying to use an ActiveX dll on my webform with no luck.
I added the reference and everything seems to work fine since I m able to
look at the Methods of the library.
The problem arises when I call a method which is supposed to return an
integer. I get no error but the browser seems to post the data forever!

When I tried to use the same object using CreateObject in VBScript
everything works correctly!

I also ran the same code in a VB.NET form windows application and it is
working perfectly.

So, I was wondering what can go wrong in the Web Form case? There may be a
problem with servers permissions, I do not know...
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Alvin Bruney

In order to use ActiveX dll's on asp.net you will need to add the
"aspcompat=true" attribute to the page directive.