ActiveX ListView Control

Discussion in 'HTML' started by StealthMonkey, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. I am writing a very complicated webapp for a company. One thing that
    it includes is ActiveX. I use is the Microsoft ListView Control 6.0
    (SP4) (CLSID:BDD1F04B-858B-11D1-B16A-00C0F0283628). Before I explain
    the problem, here is the code I am using:

    <object name="titlelist" id="listbox"
    classid="CLSID:BDD1F04B-858B-11D1-B16A-00C0F0283628"
    codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/MSCOMCTL.CAB"
    width="400" height="195">
    </object>

    And then I use a bunch of VBScript to populate the control. Everything
    worked great on my development XP machine.

    Later on, I booted up Virtual PC to do some testing. I booted up a
    clean install of XP and the control wouldn't load. It would come up
    asking if I wanted to download the Microsoft Common Controls and I
    would click yes. It would install but the control would just have the
    little icon with the colored shapes on it in the top-left corner of
    the control.

    Confused I booted up W2K (clean install), same problem. Then I booted
    up 98se (also a clean install), same prompt to download control, but
    after clicking yes, bam it works perfectly. That is the puzzling part.

    So to recap, it works on my XP Pro system (with Visual Studio
    installed), on a clean install of 98se, but not on clean installs of
    W2K or XP. The problem isn't IE security because I tried it with
    everything on the lowest. I've tried searching the groups, net, etc
    and can't find anything that helps.

    Starting to run out of options I compared the mscomctl.ocx file in my
    XP sys32 dir with the one in the sys32 dir on my XP Virtual PC, same.
    Installed a registry program on both and compared any referenced to
    the CLSID, all the same.

    Please help me out!!! If there is another group I should be posting in
    let me know because I couldn't find one specifically for ActiveX.
    Thanks in advance.
    StealthMonkey, Sep 29, 2003

  2. StealthMonkey

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    StealthMonkey said...

    > I am writing a very complicated webapp for a company. One thing that
    > it includes is ActiveX.

    microsoft.public.access.activexcontrol
    microsoft.public.activex.controlpad_html_layout_control
    microsoft.public.activex.controls.chatcontrol
    microsoft.public.activex.programming.control.dev
    microsoft.public.activex.programming.control.webdc
    microsoft.public.activex.programming.control.webwiz
    microsoft.public.activex.programming.scripting.vbscript
    microsoft.public.activex.vinterdev

    --
    30/September/2003 08:18:59 am
    brucie, Sep 29, 2003

  3. StealthMonkey

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I am writing a very complicated webapp for a company.....

    Probably not any more complicated than those people here write, but here
    is a link, there is also a tip on finding additional information opn
    google (mind the wrapping)
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=
    9gtab4%24ka21%40byz672.bayer-ag.com&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fsourceid%
    3Dnavclient%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26q%3DMSComCtl.cab%2Bhtml

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Sep 29, 2003
  4. What that said was:
    >>Reinstall a new version of the Treeview control.
    >>Think it is MsComCtl.ocx and is in MsComCtl.cab from VS6 SP4/5.

    I've already checked the ocx file:
    >>I compared the mscomctl.ocx file in my XP sys32 dir with the one in

    the sys32 dir on my XP Virtual PC, same.

    Any other ideas?

    StealthMonkey, Sep 30, 2003