    ideas why it fails for some users?

    Thanks,

    King Wilder
    K. Wilder, Sep 16, 2003

  2. K. Wilder

    Dan Brussee Guest

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:05:18 -0700, "K. Wilder" <>
    wrote:

    >I've made an ASP form page that is executed via a
    >Javascript function.
    >
    >There's a javascript function that builds an XML object
    >with the form values. But in some browers it seems to
    >fail on the line that reads:
    >
    >var objXML = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0");
    >
    >It's works fine in my IE 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 browsers. Any
    >ideas why it fails for some users?

    You are most likely "up to date" on patches, etc. I dont think version
    4.0 is guaranteed to be on a machine just because IE is on it. You
    "may" be able to rely on simply MSXML.DOMDocument (no version
    specified), but be sure your properties / methods match with the lower
    versions.
    Dan Brussee, Sep 16, 2003