ActiveXObject, Problem loading into DOM

Discussion in 'XML' started by Nomad, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. Nomad

    Nomad Guest

    I'm trying to load an XML document into the DOM using the ActiveXObject
    I've succeeded in doing this on one machine. Which shouldn't becaus
    I've checked for the ActiveXObject and it doesn't exsist.

    When I try to load the documents on other machines I get the followin
    error
    message:

    " 'ActiveXObject' is undefinded"

    All of the machines are using ie6 which should come with th
    ActiveXObject i
    f I'm not mistaken.

    I have also tried the following:

    xmlObject = document.implementation.createDocument('', 'doc', null);
    xmlObject.async = "false";
    xmlObject.load("test.xml);

    which displays the following errors:

    Not Implemented

    or

    Wrong number of parameters, 3 expected

    I am well confused with this problem and would be much appreciated o
    any he
    lp that could be given.

    Thank

    -
    Noma

    Nomad, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Top-posting okay?
    I'm guessing you're using the Microsoft XML parser, MSXML? I don't know that
    that comes as standard with IE? I've played with this a bit on my site at:
    http://camshag.co.uk/svg/NHSTrust/index.html
    Don't know if that might help, the scripts should be accessable and there
    are some cool tutorials on using available too (try googling for "MSXML
    tutorial").
    Cheers,
    Dom

    Dominic Myers, Sep 10, 2004