Actually a question about the MS Access GUI

felecha

I've been building an application in VB.Net that uses an Access 2003
database (which is why I posted over here), and I'm very much in that
phase where I'm still figuring stuff out. This is my first time
using Access.

Something that has been really a pain is that I have to frequently
open a table (or more often several at once) in the Access GUI to
look at what I have in there for data, or to see if my SQL code did
what I wanted, and every time I do I find that the tables open in
their individual windows, almost as large as the main window, so I
have to resize them so I can look at the ones I want all at once. I
have over 40 tables in the app, so I can't leave them all open and
resized.

I notice that every time I close one, if I resized a column it asks me
if I want to save the changes. It will save column widths, but I
haven't found an Option yet to get the EmployeeCode table to always
open with its window sized the way I want it.

Any help?

felecha

do you know of any? I did look around for them and found very little,
and very inactive when I did find one.

thanks

Joe Fallon

microsoft.access.public.externaldata
microsoft.access.public.forms
microsoft.access.public.formscoding
microsoft.access.public.gettingstarted
microsoft.access.public.modules
microsoft.access.public.queries
microsoft.access.public.tablesdbdesign
etc.

As far as i know the Access UI has always behaved that way when using
tables.
Try creating a query. They seem to remember their "size".