Ad blockers

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joe Snodgrass, Dec 9, 2010.

  1. Who makes the best ad blocker?

    TIA.

    Joe Snodgrass, Dec 9, 2010

  2. Joe Snodgrass

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 12/8/2010 10:38 PM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:

    > Who makes the best ad blocker?

    Acme Off Switch, Inc.

    --
    Eric Sosman
    lid

    Eric Sosman, Dec 9, 2010

  3. Joe Snodgrass

    MyNews Guest

    No one!

    MyNews, Dec 9, 2010
  4. Joe Snodgrass

    Lew Guest

    Eric Sosman wrote:
    > Acme Off Switch, Inc.

    That's right, Eric! Acme Off Switch Ad Blocker will stop those annoying ads
    from popping up in your favorite newsgroup!

    How many times has this happened to you? You're happily reading a Usenet
    forum, enjoying the badinage and the stimulating interplay of ideas, when
    suddenly someone jumps in and starts hawking their favorite ware! They pummel
    you with exclamatory claims of salvation from your darkest fears, but you know
    perfectly well that they're just annoying spammers! They steal your bandwidth
    and you can do nothing about it!

    Well, now you need fear spammers no more! That's right, with Acme Off Switch
    Ad Blocker software, you control your online experience! Spam simply melts
    away at the flick of your virtual Acme Off Switch! Gone are those annoying
    exclamation points, just like they were never there!

    But wait, there's more! If you act now, not only will we speed a brand new
    Acme Off Switch right to your desktop, we'll throw in a Plonkomatic Killfile
    Manager ABSOLUTELY FREE! All you pay is postage and handling.

    So order your Acme Off Switch Ad Blocker today, with your FREE Plonkomatic
    Killfile Manager, and rid your newsgroup of annoying spam today!

    --
    Lew
    These statements have not been evaluated in the context of any RFC. May not

    Lew, Dec 9, 2010
  5. Joe Snodgrass

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Eric Sosman wrote:
    > On 12/8/2010 10:38 PM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    >> Who makes the best ad blocker?

    > Acme Off Switch, Inc.

    You forgot the Acme reset switch.
    and the Acme pullcord switch.
    And the Acme bootflop.

    Sjouke Burry, Dec 9, 2010
  6. "Eric Sosman" <> wrote in message
    > On 12/8/2010 10:38 PM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    >>
    >> Who makes the best ad blocker?

    > Acme Off Switch, Inc.

    But not the version resold with Wiley.

    Mike Schilling, Dec 9, 2010