AD error '8000500c'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Lynn, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    I receive the following error when trying to GET field
    values from an AD User object:

    Active Directory error '8000500c'
    The Active Directory datatype cannot be converted to/from
    a native DS datatype

    The error occurs on the second line of the following code:

    Set oEntry = GetObject(oPath)
    uName = oEntry.Get("displayName")
    uCenter = oEntry.Get("physicalDeliveryOfficeName")
    uDept = oEntry.Get("department")
    Set oEntry=nothing

    If I comment out the second line (displayName), the same
    error occurs on the fourth line (department). If I
    comment out that line too, uCenter
    (physicalDeliveryOfficeName) is populated successfully &
    no error occurs.

    Knowledgebase article 241981 offers a workaround for this
    problem, but it does not work. I've restarted & even
    rebooted my IIS server to try to resolve the issue, but
    nothing works.

    Any ideas?

    Lynn, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Did you get a solution for this problem?

    Stuart sgamble, Aug 21, 2003