AD error '8000500c'

Lynn

I receive the following error when trying to GET field
values from an AD User object:

Active Directory error '8000500c'
The Active Directory datatype cannot be converted to/from
a native DS datatype

The error occurs on the second line of the following code:

Set oEntry = GetObject(oPath)
uName = oEntry.Get("displayName")
uCenter = oEntry.Get("physicalDeliveryOfficeName")
uDept = oEntry.Get("department")
Set oEntry=nothing

If I comment out the second line (displayName), the same
error occurs on the fourth line (department). If I
comment out that line too, uCenter
(physicalDeliveryOfficeName) is populated successfully &
no error occurs.

Knowledgebase article 241981 offers a workaround for this
problem, but it does not work. I've restarted & even
rebooted my IIS server to try to resolve the issue, but
nothing works.

Any ideas?