AD Membership PwdQuestion and PwdAnswer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by zeplynne@gmail.com, Apr 16, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I've added two new attributes in AD schema and then added them to the
    user class. Pwd-Question and Pwd-Answer to map to
    "attributeMapPasswordQuestion" and "attributeMapPasswordAnswer" in the
    config file for Active Directory Membership Provider.

    I can see and add this property to any user in ADSI Edit, but I get
    the following error when trying to start my web app: "The attribute
    'Pwd-Question' specified as a schema mapping for
    'attributeMapPasswordQuestion' is not an attribute of the user
    class." Am I missing something in the config file or maybe I have
    something that shouldn't be there? Any suggestions on how to resolve
    this would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    Config file entry:

    <add name="ADMembershipProvider2"
    type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,
    System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="ADConnectionString2" applicationName="appName"
    connectionUsername="domain\administrator"
    connectionPassword="P@ssw0rd" attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"
    enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
    requiresUniqueEmail="false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="10"
    passwordAttemptWindow="5"
    attributeMapPasswordQuestion="Pwd-Question"
    attributeMapPasswordAnswer="Pwd-Answer" />

    , Apr 16, 2007