adapting old asp page to new

Steve Chatham

I'm attempting to adapt an old traditional asp system into dotnet.

One of the things in the old system was redirects to pages, that'd force the
user to select items that'd be set to session variables.

I'm now doing this using dropdowns and combo boxes in the asp dotnet
application. So far, it's loading fine.

I'd like to add some functionality to a button on the page, that'd allow the
user to unhide items, so the report is generally the only thing on the
screen, not the dropdown boxes, etc. That'd make it easier for them to save
to excel, but then make it easy for them to not have to start completely
over from the beginning.

What I'd like to do is to be able to set the .visible = false to anything on
the screen (outside of a couple elements) if it's true, then when they hit
the button to unhide it, to set the ones that were set to false = true.
But, I'd only want to unhide the items they'd selected in getting to the
report.

Anyone have an idea if there's an easy way to do this, or do I have to go
thru and look at each element and see if the index is > -1 and then make it
visible if it is?

Thanks

SC