Adapting onBlur functionality of javascript in ASP.net??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeffrey, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Jeffrey

    Jeffrey Guest

    Hello

    I have several textboxes in a datagrid footer. When the user inputs
    something first textbox, the values of the other textboxes are updated.
    Basically I want the "onBlur" functionality of javascript here, but using
    codebehind.

    Why I don't want to use javascript for this is because I have to connect to
    my database and all the users' browsers have to be configured to allow
    "access to data source across domain" ( which doesn't seem right to me in a
    web environment )...

    Does anyone has an idea ? Can I do it through postback? Can postback be
    triggerred programmatically?

    Any suggestion will be much appreciated :)

    Jef

    Jeffrey, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Jeffrey

    David Keenan Guest

    Hi Jeff,

    You can use the onblur javascript event on the textbox
    to fire the __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument)
    function supplied by the framework. There are plenty
    examples on the web of how to do utilise this function.

    Hope this helps.

    Dave

    David Keenan, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Jeffrey