ADC in VHDL

Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi, i´m trying to do a design from an analog to digital converter in VHDL, but i´m new in this type of design language so i need that someone help me. I´m interested in the vhdl code if it would be possible. Thank you very much.

Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Are you saying you want to code up an ADC in VHDL? or are you saying you have an ADC that you'd like to interface and would like to know VHDL so you can do it?

You can not code up an ADC in VHDL. To do that is to be a God. ..unless you have an embedded ADC, but you'd need to read up on the spec sheet in order to do that.

If you need to know VHDL, well, there are plenty of good books to help you get started.

Last edited:
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I only ask if someone have a model of ADC in VHDL. I known that there are a lot of good books in order to learn VHDL, but i´m triying to jump this step.

Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
thank you very much. I would like to show an example of ADC in VHDL, but this can give me some ideas.

Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, My question is also little bit related to this post.
I am using "THDB_ADA_HSMC" kit of Terasic as an Analog to digital converter to get the digital signal into "DE2-115" FPGA of Altera.
Do, I need to write VHDL code for this??
If yes, please provide some clues.

Thanks in advance