ADC in VHDL

Reaction score
Hi, i´m trying to do a design from an analog to digital converter in VHDL, but i´m new in this type of design language so i need that someone help me. I´m interested in the vhdl code if it would be possible. Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Are you saying you want to code up an ADC in VHDL? or are you saying you have an ADC that you'd like to interface and would like to know VHDL so you can do it?

You can not code up an ADC in VHDL. To do that is to be a God. ..unless you have an embedded ADC, but you'd need to read up on the spec sheet in order to do that.

If you need to know VHDL, well, there are plenty of good books to help you get started.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I only ask if someone have a model of ADC in VHDL. I known that there are a lot of good books in order to learn VHDL, but i´m triying to jump this step.

Reaction score
thank you very much. I would like to show an example of ADC in VHDL, but this can give me some ideas.

Reaction score
Hi, My question is also little bit related to this post.
I am using "THDB_ADA_HSMC" kit of Terasic as an Analog to digital converter to get the digital signal into "DE2-115" FPGA of Altera.
Do, I need to write VHDL code for this??
If yes, please provide some clues.

Thanks in advance

Ask a Question