    new data, then I would add the row to the database.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Oct 20, 2004

  2. tshad wrote:
    > Is there a way to add a blank row at the bottom of the DataGrid to allow the
    > addition of new data?
    >
    > I want to display the grid and allow the client to press a button that would
    > in essence add a new row at the bottom of the grid, allow them to add the
    > new data, then I would add the row to the database.

    Tom, check out this article:

    Adding a New Record to the DataGrid

    And for more information about DataGrids, check out my Extensive
    Examination of DataGrids article series, starting at
    http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/040502-1.aspx, as well as the
    FAQs and recommended articles at http://www.DataWebControls.com

    Happy Programming!

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Oct 20, 2004

  3. tshad

    ESPN Lover Guest

    Check here on how to do that

    http://www.datagridgirl.com/articles.aspx

    ESPN Lover, Oct 20, 2004
  4. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Scott Mitchell [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > tshad wrote:
    >> Is there a way to add a blank row at the bottom of the DataGrid to allow
    >> the addition of new data?
    >>
    >> I want to display the grid and allow the client to press a button that
    >> would in essence add a new row at the bottom of the grid, allow them to
    >> add the new data, then I would add the row to the database.

    > Tom, check out this article:
    >
    > Adding a New Record to the DataGrid

    I am printing it out now, as I write. Looks like what I was looking for.

    > And for more information about DataGrids, check out my Extensive
    > Examination of DataGrids article series, starting at
    > http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/040502-1.aspx, as well as the
    > FAQs and recommended articles at http://www.DataWebControls.com

    I did print out (killed many trees to do it) and read your articles. Was
    very good. I also have your kick start book. But nothing I could find
    talked about add a row (at least I couldn't find it).

    I was also going to post a question on how to move a row up and down in a
    datagrid. Sorting is no problem, but that entails re-selecting the database
    and re-binding. I just want to allow the user to push a button (which will
    be an up arrow or down arrow) and move the data up or down (or redisplay
    with the row moved).

    Is there anything out there on how to do this (hopefully, easily)?

    Thanks,

    Tom.

    tshad, Oct 20, 2004
  5. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "ESPN Lover" <> wrote in message
    > Check here on how to do that
    >
    > http://www.datagridgirl.com/articles.aspx

    Quite a few articles on the subject here.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Oct 20, 2004