Add a control to a treenode. TreeView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jerry C, Jul 14, 2006.

  1. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    Jerry C, Jul 14, 2006

  2. What you are looking at is an example on how to customize a winForms
    treeview. Its pretty useless to you =P

    There is no out of the box functionality that allows you to customize each
    node with a control of your chosing. You will need to inherit the treeview
    and override the original rendering, maybe exposing a template property
    either for each node or one for the entire control that is repeated for
    everynode. Either way, you need to be familiar with custom controls
    development.

    Regards,
    Alessandro Zifiglio
    http://www.AsyncUI.net

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Jul 15, 2006

  3. Hi Jerry,

    Thank you for your post.

    As Alessandro said, the TreeView in ASP.NET 2.0 doesn't have built-in
    support for customize node type.

    You may try to search for some commercial TreeView controls to see if it
    have this feature. Some TreeView controls can let you use HTML source to
    add as a TreeView node.

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support