add a link to the end of the text label

Nalaka

Hi....
I have a multi-line label that shows the first 80 characters of a long paragraph.

I need to add read-more link to the end of this label so a user click will show the whole paragraph (on a different page).

Current look:

Please, restore the database to its
latest prodcution...
read more

I need this to look like:

Please, restore the database to its
latest prodcution... read more

is this possible using two controls "Label" and "HyperLink".....

any help is very much appreaciated
Nalaka

Nathan Sokalski

Unless you put a <br> tag or something else that will explicitly cause a line break between the Label and HyperLink, you should get the desired look anyway. In Visual Studio .NET 2003 (I haven't used 2005, so I don't know if they fixed it in that version), it places them on separate lines even if that is not how they would appear in the browser (yeah, I find this annoying too, but once you learn to recognize it, it's not that bad in most cases). You can always check by viewing your page in the browser. Also, a suggestion that I might make for your case would be to make a simple UserControl, since it looks like the only properties that you will be changing in most cases will be:

1. The paragraph text that you do show
2. The URL that the "read more" Hyperlink will take them to

If you would like, I can help you make this UserControl if you are unfamiliar with them. Good Luck!
--
Nathan Sokalski
(e-mail address removed)
Hi....
I have a multi-line label that shows the first 80 characters of a long paragraph.

I need to add read-more link to the end of this label so a user click will show the whole paragraph (on a different page).

Current look:

Please, restore the database to its
latest prodcution...
read more

I need this to look like:

Please, restore the database to its
latest prodcution... read more

is this possible using two controls "Label" and "HyperLink".....

any help is very much appreaciated
Nalaka

Nalaka

Thanks...
I did not realize that, me putting the line break between the controls in what causing it.
Let me try putting in the same row.

Nalaka