Add additional row

Vishal

Hello,

I need to add an additional row for each exisitng row in
my datagrid. How can I do that?

Thanks

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

you could try to add it when the DataList.ItemDataBound Event is called

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ebcontrolsdatalistclassitemdataboundtopic.asp

or try to use a templatecolumn

the addRow method typically adds a row to the end of teh datagrid followin g
a bind event, so you may have to intercept this and see if theres anyhting
you can do. I suppose it depends on what you actually want the extra row
for.
--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Vishal

Well, I am using a datagrid and I have to stick to that. I
need the addtional row for each existing row, so the 4Guys
article doesnt help me. The additional row will be used to
place a nested datagrid. I hope you can help me out.

Thanks

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

Take a read through the article below, its by some of the best asp.net
people and focusses specifically on nested datagrids, the example on nesting
a datagrid within a template column might be what your after or at least
given you an insight into building on that.

http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=173410&rl=1

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Vishal

No, I already know this article. They are adding the
nested datagrid in a new column, not in a new row.