Add certificate to request

Peter K

Hi - how do I add a digital certificate to a request to a webservice?

With .net you can get a "proxy" to the webservice, on which you can set a
certificate before calling a webservice method. There are even built-in
methods which present a popup window for an X509Store from which the user
can select a certificate.

Are there some sort of similar functions with java?

Thanks,
Peter

Lothar Kimmeringer

Peter said:
With .net you can get a "proxy" to the webservice, on which you can set a
certificate before calling a webservice method. There are even built-in
methods which present a popup window for an X509Store from which the user
can select a certificate.

Are there some sort of similar functions with java?

Are we talking of SSL-based (TLS if you will) communication?
Then the solution should be the same as with the establishing
of HTTP-sessions with own certficates.

If you're talking of certificates within the Webservice-
request, it depends on the framework you're using (e.g.
Axis) and simple answers are not possible and you should
look into the documentation of that framework.

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: (e-mail address removed)

questions!

Peter K

Are we talking of SSL-based (TLS if you will) communication?
Then the solution should be the same as with the establishing
of HTTP-sessions with own certficates.

If you're talking of certificates within the Webservice-
request, it depends on the framework you're using (e.g.
Axis) and simple answers are not possible and you should
look into the documentation of that framework.

OK thanks. I'll do a bit of digging into the Axis documentation then (this
is what I have used to generate a proxy to the webservice).

/Peter