    Are there some sort of similar functions with java?

    Thanks,
    Peter
    Peter K, Jun 29, 2007

  2. Peter K wrote:

    > With .net you can get a "proxy" to the webservice, on which you can set a
    > certificate before calling a webservice method. There are even built-in
    > methods which present a popup window for an X509Store from which the user
    > can select a certificate.
    >
    > Are there some sort of similar functions with java?

    Are we talking of SSL-based (TLS if you will) communication?
    Then the solution should be the same as with the establishing
    of HTTP-sessions with own certficates.

    If you're talking of certificates within the Webservice-
    request, it depends on the framework you're using (e.g.
    Axis) and simple answers are not possible and you should
    look into the documentation of that framework.

    Regards, Lothar
    --
    Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail:

    questions!
    Lothar Kimmeringer, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Peter K

    Peter K Guest

    Lothar Kimmeringer <> wrote in

    > Are we talking of SSL-based (TLS if you will) communication?
    > Then the solution should be the same as with the establishing
    > of HTTP-sessions with own certficates.
    >
    > If you're talking of certificates within the Webservice-
    > request, it depends on the framework you're using (e.g.
    > Axis) and simple answers are not possible and you should
    > look into the documentation of that framework.

    OK thanks. I'll do a bit of digging into the Axis documentation then (this
    is what I have used to generate a proxy to the webservice).

    /Peter
    Peter K, Jul 2, 2007